Getting my 1st tattoo as an A Typical

Posting this to see if any other A typicals have ink and how you found the exsperiance as I'm a little bit nervous not gona lie. Going for some Norse mythology and getting the AWE protection rune along with the 9 pointed triangle of the 9 realms of Valhalla along with the tree of life and the all knowing and all wise ravens. Bit nervous about the process as being an A Typical myself my mind always go to worse case saniorios and I always over think the prosiger. The pain is really the least of my worries my main concern is if they go deep or catch vane which is kind of ironic coming from someone who self harms. But then again that's my reason for getting it to prevent me from self harming in the future. Any advice would be useful besides don't get one I guess.

Parents
  • My advice would be to get a small one first in a less obvious place to see how your skin reacts and to figure out what you're doing with the aftercare.

Have a look at artist's socials, artists have specialties like traditional, black and white, realism etc. so if what you want is full colour then a black and white artist is unlikely to be able to do justice to your idea thanks to the different skillset involved.

If your artist designs something you aren't 100% happy with, don't be afraid to ask for changes - it's going to be on you forever!

Don't. Take. Someone. Else's. Art. It's okay to use things as inspiration, but plaigerism is never okay and it's a bad look for all involved.

Your artist will tell you this but make sure you have a good meal before hand to keep your blood sugar up, and keep up a good moisturising regimen leading up to your appointment. Your artist will thank you for making their canvas easier to work with.

And if you're worried about the social bit, don't worry too much. They'll be concentrating on what they're doing so won't have much space to chit chat.

I'm sure there's more, but I think that's a good foundation to start with. Just don't skimp on research and you'll be fine.

• My advice would be to get a small one first in a less obvious place to see how your skin reacts and to figure out what you're doing with the aftercare.

Have a look at artist's socials, artists have specialties like traditional, black and white, realism etc. so if what you want is full colour then a black and white artist is unlikely to be able to do justice to your idea thanks to the different skillset involved.

If your artist designs something you aren't 100% happy with, don't be afraid to ask for changes - it's going to be on you forever!

Don't. Take. Someone. Else's. Art. It's okay to use things as inspiration, but plaigerism is never okay and it's a bad look for all involved.

Your artist will tell you this but make sure you have a good meal before hand to keep your blood sugar up, and keep up a good moisturising regimen leading up to your appointment. Your artist will thank you for making their canvas easier to work with.

And if you're worried about the social bit, don't worry too much. They'll be concentrating on what they're doing so won't have much space to chit chat.

I'm sure there's more, but I think that's a good foundation to start with. Just don't skimp on research and you'll be fine.

Children
No Data