Getting my 1st tattoo as an A Typical

Posting this to see if any other A typicals have ink and how you found the exsperiance as I'm a little bit nervous not gona lie. Going for some Norse mythology and getting the AWE protection rune along with the 9 pointed triangle of the 9 realms of Valhalla along with the tree of life and the all knowing and all wise ravens. Bit nervous about the process as being an A Typical myself my mind always go to worse case saniorios and I always over think the prosiger. The pain is really the least of my worries my main concern is if they go deep or catch vane which is kind of ironic coming from someone who self harms. But then again that's my reason for getting it to prevent me from self harming in the future. Any advice would be useful besides don't get one I guess.

Parents
  • I have no experience of getting tattoos so I'm going to pass on what my friends who do have them have told me. Make sure you find a reputable tattoo artist. Keep an eye out for things like them wearing gloves and talk about how they clean equipment, this is essential. If they're uncomfortable, leave. This is blood so hygeine is really important. 

I don't know if you have an artist in mind, but if you don't, look around, look at lots of pics of their work, styles vary a lot so find one that suits you. 

Look at reviews, lots and lots of reviews. These are a great way of finding out what could happen

Talk to the tattoo artist before hand. Most are quite happy to answer your questions and give advice, if they aren't consider looking elsewhere, most good artists are more than happy to discuss their art. You sound like you know what you want and as someone who uses Norse runes it sounds great. 

Research as much as you can, talk to as many people as you can (this forum is a good start, maybe also try tattoo and body art forums) and take as much time as you want to.

• Yeah good shout tbf and I will when I go. 

Reply Children
No Data