Partner of an autistic adult

Hi. Slightly scared of being here as I’ve always been someone who can find a solution to everything but getting to the point where I don’t know any more how to deal with my autistic partner’s daily challenges.  We are now at a situation where he 24/7 cannot cope with any aspect of everyday life & even the slightest thing can result in hours of physical & verbal aggression. We have virtually no time each week when he is not in a heightened state of anger, annoyance or frustration. We agreed 2 years ago that I would keep working and he could just be at home because work was a massive trigger for him, but for the last 12 months me working has been a further trigger for him.   I know that the physical aggression isn’t intentional but has got to the point over recent months that it has caused obvious physical injury & emotional pain.  His anger has become worse since he was refused PIP 3 years ago because he is more highly functional than he will give himself credit for.   Any support or insight appreciated as I’m getting to point where I genuinely don’t know what to do for the best. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data