Help, PLEASE

I need help.... I need to know that other parents have had significant struggles with their child.and have not been heard by any professional?!

My son is literally triggered by anything. By his sock not feeling right or walking to the toilet with the wrong foot. I have to do EVERYTHING for him, lift him, clothe him, wipe him- he's 5, 6 next month, otherwise he has huge meltdowns that last for hours and hours.

He is regularly late to school as he will refuse to get up or will want to be carried out of bed to the toilet. Every minute detail in his life has to he controlled otherwise he completely freaks. 

However, he is perfect in school. When he eventually gets there.... they have said he can sometimes be a bit anxious but other than that, he's brilliant. I can see when I'm waiting for him by the look on his fave, what sort of afternoon I will have with him. He is like a coke bottle being shaken all day and explodes the second he sees me.

Not sure how much longer I can cope with always being screamed at for HOURS, kicked, bitten, punched etc. Family Supoort Service have put me on a restraint course and a parenting course, but in my GUT I know it's not me.

Please help 

Parents
  • Hi,

I don't have any advice. I am really sorry that life is so difficult for you and your son at the moment.

this sounds a bit intrusive but you could always record one of his outbursts. my mum had to do this with my sister before anyone would realise that there was actually something wrong. 

it doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. to be honest, you should take it as a compliment, I know it doesn't feel like it but he only acts the way he does with you because he feels safe to let all his frustrations out. or at least that's what it sounds like to me. its good that he feels comfortable at home however maybe someone needs to help him find some other ways to express himself

Alisha xx

• Hi,

I don't have any advice. I am really sorry that life is so difficult for you and your son at the moment.

this sounds a bit intrusive but you could always record one of his outbursts. my mum had to do this with my sister before anyone would realise that there was actually something wrong. 

it doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. to be honest, you should take it as a compliment, I know it doesn't feel like it but he only acts the way he does with you because he feels safe to let all his frustrations out. or at least that's what it sounds like to me. its good that he feels comfortable at home however maybe someone needs to help him find some other ways to express himself

Alisha xx

Children
No Data