Making new friends?

Hi everyone, I've just recently joined the community. I'm waiting on an ASD and ADHD diagnosis, plus I have depression. Going for the hat trick!

Anyway I'm finding reading some of your discussions really helpful, but I'd really like to make some new friends, especially some who understand meltdowns and things that we find challenging everyday that other people don't...

If you have any recommendations for sympathetic websites, forums, fb groups etc for penpals or making friends (definitely only friends! I'm in a happy relationship) that would be great, or if anyone wants to chat through here and maybe become penfriends that would be lovely too.

I'm 37 and I enjoy cooking & baking, walking/kayaking/being in nature/foraging, eco building and environmental issues, plus I also sometimes watercolour, I read a LOT, and I'm nerdy about geology/rocks. I also love cats and ASMR.

I find social stuff challenging; I get triggered by noises, and particularly at the moment (well the last 2 years or so) I have a very short fuse for things not going to plan...*meltdown*!

Thanks!

Parents Reply Children