Hi, I am Dee

Good morning everyone. New to the site.

Please can anyone tell me how you feel we should identify ourselves to NT people? I am confused; some communities say we are autistic with neuro-diverse characteristics and tendencies and others say we have a condition called autism.

My employer says people with autism is the correct term but I have grown, knowing that I am autistic.

Parents
  • Please can anyone tell me how you feel we should identify ourselves to NT people?

You walk upto them and go ‘hello I’m your future overlord, bow before me.’

seriously who is your boss to be telling you how you should refer to your own condition. 

• yes they can ----- if u breach your employment contract eg which upholds company policies   ..... and if another Autistics complains you  are not following company policy

My teamleader in microsoft had autism and he decided to in other to  prevent fighting among autistics that he was to follow the government advice ----- anyone who didnt like  where welcome to leave

everyone complied

Microsoft are a great employer BTW 

• I think on almost any issue if an employer phrased it to me with the words 'if you don't like it you are welcome to leave' I'd start job hunting right away.

Reply Children
No Data