Diagnosis Report

Just got my report  yesterday!

Well, what a quagmire!! phew,!

any way, after I analysed the typos' and came to terms with the jargon and the "quoted" pieces of my assessment, where in fact, I did not say exactly as it was written in the report or in the context as I read it!

I was satisfied that the conclusion of what I actually said was the same! if that makes sense?
However, there was one line in there, that just stuck with me and really bothered me all day and night, I didn't even sleep? I know for a fact that I did not say, or even employ that it was said or quoted to me by anyone!

I decided to contact the assessment team, to which I was told put it in writing and we will get it changed!

So, I e-mailed exactly my concern and quoted exactly what it was that I did say.

The reply was, that it could not be changed unless the assessment Dr. agreed and basicly that was it!

Approximately 15 minutes later, I had an email advising me, that the Dr. had reviewed my concern and changed the report with the addition of an apology of any distress it may have caused. It really gave me a grateful boost and alleviated my distress immediately

I suppose what I am saying is to EVERYONE  (especially anyone distressed by something in their report) Is to take courage and speak to your assement team and express your concerns.

They were understanding and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised. I do understand, that perhaps, it may not have changed, but I am confident that I would have had an answer and explaination about the report, which in it's self would have eased my mind and stopped me dwelling on that one line!

Parents
  • Agreed. My assessment team were more than happy to change the sections in my report which I asked them to and supplied me with a second "work-friendly" report which omitted all the things that I didn't want my employer to know - and which they didn't need to know (my personal history, relationships with family etc). 

The follow-up sessions I had were spot on. Can't fault my psychologist who was incredibly supportive about the things I raised with her.

• Agreed. My assessment team were more than happy to change the sections in my report which I asked them to and supplied me with a second "work-friendly" report which omitted all the things that I didn't want my employer to know - and which they didn't need to know (my personal history, relationships with family etc). 

The follow-up sessions I had were spot on. Can't fault my psychologist who was incredibly supportive about the things I raised with her.

Children
No Data