Diagnosed at 50....and need friends who understand

Quick introduction.

I’m a 51 year old female (creak) who was diagnosed just over a year ago, and who needs friends.

Maybe I’m not allowed to say that? I don’t know!!! Not sure I know anything any more...Smile

While my diagnosis explained a lot, it also opened the doors to loads of questions. I’d masked all my life, had a “good” job, been in relationships, helped people, had a child....yet I suddenly felt I wasn’t the person I thought I was.

How do you get your head round that? 

Anyway...here I am, wondering - after a lifetime of blips - if I’m even worth knowing, while realising it would make the most sense to make friends in the neurodiverse world. 

Can you sense my confusion?

I hate the term “high functioning” as I believe it hides so many enormous struggles, but I have to admit I am it...or I appear to be just that. 

There you have it. It’d be nice to get to know some new people, so please say hi....

x

Parents Reply
  • Still waiting.  About 4 months to go, I think. The brain won't sit in limbo until then though and I'm busy reading and looking for the self-help strategies now.  Even if I come out a bit under the bar, so much of this fits, it's going to help regardless.  I am diagnosed dyslexic, so not exactly NT to start with.

Children
No Data