Saying hello

Hi there, 

Hope everyone is doing well currently (and enjoying the sun over here in the uk) - I'm just starting a discussion to introduce myself. 

Firstly, I haven't been officially diagnosed with autism so please forgive me if I don't use the correct terminology as i'm still doing my own research. I've been someone who has struggled with their mental health for as long as i can remember, but over the past few months i've started feeling that there was something else (something that i couldn't quite put my finger on). I have private counselling, and also some hypnotherapy through my work and it was the latter that suggested that I should book an appointment with my GP to discuss going for a meeting with a psychiatrist (lucky I now have an appointment coming up, but I'm a little scared about what to expect). 

I know we're told to not self diagnose ourselves but after doing some research into possible outcomes I see myself having autism spectrum disorder as i knowingly (and unknowingly) have some of the common traits associated with asd.

Sorry that this is a bit long and maybe a bit unreadable, I have dyslexia and can sometimes struggle to get down what i want to say onto paper so to speak. But i've been reading some of the discussions on here and they've really resonated with me so i thought i would join, we'll see what happens with my psychiatrist appointment soon too. 

Parents
  • What was the hypnotherapy like? If that's not too personal. Just a generic idea. I've often thought this is something I should dabble in.

• The best way I could describe it, is it's as if you are taken from this reality and placed inside another - it's a very relaxed state and can be emotional at times (I've often noticed myself crying but not crying if that makes sense?) but every time I come back to reality I have felt refreshed and calm. 

• That sounds badassss. I admit I'm a little curious about regression hypnotherapy-if you believe in past lives...but that also sounds scary. Do you feel it helps let go of the body memory of stress, if you have PTSD like me?

• i know u didnt ask me,,, but i taught myself in self hypnosis. It works really well. The best place to start is a guided self hypnosis talk from youtube there are scores of them. The best, are the ones u put on as u go to sleep they dont waken u at the end they send into deep restful sleep. I have moved into mediation  which is pretty similar.

i have done a regression hypnosis and it was really good fun --- i was a roman with  a family, i walked down a town street and i could look down and seen my leather shoes etc. It only worked the once for me. The door seemed to have shut.

• i know u didnt ask me,,, but i taught myself in self hypnosis. It works really well. The best place to start is a guided self hypnosis talk from youtube there are scores of them. The best, are the ones u put on as u go to sleep they dont waken u at the end they send into deep restful sleep. I have moved into mediation  which is pretty similar.

i have done a regression hypnosis and it was really good fun --- i was a roman with  a family, i walked down a town street and i could look down and seen my leather shoes etc. It only worked the once for me. The door seemed to have shut.

Children
No Data