Hiya

Hi I'm new here. I have 2 young sons the younger has ASD he is 3 in May and was diagnosed at 2 1/2. We live in Lancashire

Parents
  • Thanks for sharing. Preston is very near us and I've seen lots of ASD specific activities advertised for the area but I agree the play sessions are always far to late in the day.

I was under the impression that you got a statement along with a diagnosis but it seems this isn't the case. Would it be nursery who applies for the statement? and how long did the statement process take. We have a lovely special school near us which takes children from 3 years. I'm keen to get my daughter started their because currently at nursery she isn't developing. Once you had your statement was it easy to get in the special school?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

How's Lewis doing now?

• Thanks for sharing. Preston is very near us and I've seen lots of ASD specific activities advertised for the area but I agree the play sessions are always far to late in the day.

I was under the impression that you got a statement along with a diagnosis but it seems this isn't the case. Would it be nursery who applies for the statement? and how long did the statement process take. We have a lovely special school near us which takes children from 3 years. I'm keen to get my daughter started their because currently at nursery she isn't developing. Once you had your statement was it easy to get in the special school?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

How's Lewis doing now?

Children
No Data