Hiya

Hi I'm new here. I have 2 young sons the younger has ASD he is 3 in May and was diagnosed at 2 1/2. We live in Lancashire

Parents
  • Hi Lewis was diagnosed when he was 2 1/2 after concerns he was not talking so HV referred us to community pead who spoke to us and got his history etc. then he had an ADOS exam which gave the diagnosis of ASD. Think it took 6 months to get it. We also had portage which were great then through Lewis pre school we started the statement process and managed to get one and he started school when he was 3 (Autistic school) he's been there a year now and loves it. Everything is done through school ie salt now. UnfortunTely groups are very hard to come by esp for this age group or they are not local and too late in the evening. I'm in Preston so don't know what is in your area. I have met some lovely parents at Lewis school but no one local. 

• Hi Lewis was diagnosed when he was 2 1/2 after concerns he was not talking so HV referred us to community pead who spoke to us and got his history etc. then he had an ADOS exam which gave the diagnosis of ASD. Think it took 6 months to get it. We also had portage which were great then through Lewis pre school we started the statement process and managed to get one and he started school when he was 3 (Autistic school) he's been there a year now and loves it. Everything is done through school ie salt now. UnfortunTely groups are very hard to come by esp for this age group or they are not local and too late in the evening. I'm in Preston so don't know what is in your area. I have met some lovely parents at Lewis school but no one local. 

Children
No Data