ASD Noob Here!

Hi,

I'm Craig. Although I'm 49 years old, this community is very new to me and my knowledge of ASD is fairly limited. That said, I strongly suspect that I have been living with undiagnosed ASD for all my life, but it has only really come to my attention as a reason for my life-long behaviours within the past couple of weeks. I have always been described as slightly weird/different and, although I am l living a relatively 'normal' life (family, house, job etc), I do struggle with relationships (my wife and son will definitely agree!). After a number of attempts at self-help and counselling, I took the AQ test and scored 41 out of 50. I then started researching ASD and suddenly it all made sense. I now have a glimmer of hope that I'm not just a nasty, anti-social so-and-so after all! I'm very early on in my ASD discovery journey, but I have spoken to my doctor and they have referred me for an ASD assessment. I am dearly hoping that the waiting time is weeks/months rather than years! Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself, as I will probably start bugging you all with questions as my journey continues. I look forward to chatting with you all.   

Parents Reply Children
No Data