Hi All, I'm Steve.

So, today I have finally been diagnosed with high-functioning autism. This is a culmination of a long 2 year process delayed by everyone's favourite pandemic and other various factors. Overall, I think I feel somewhat relieved to finally have a diagnosis and hopefully with counselling I can learn to manage my "unique personality traits".

Parents
  • Hi Steve,

Since my diagnosis, I'm much kinder and patient with myself than before I had it.

So, congratulations! It's a marvellous opportunity for you. For me, after my
     diagnosis, it was tough few days. I initially rejected it and was convinced they'd made a mistake. But now, happily, slowly, and surprisingly, I find it inspiring. In just a short space of time, I'm become much kinder and much more patient with myself than I've ever been before.  I've also stopped worrying about the way I live  and the things I do. And this is just the start. 

I hope your diagnosis brings you as much clarity to you as it has done for me.

• Hi Steve,

Since my diagnosis, I'm much kinder and patient with myself than before I had it.

So, congratulations! It's a marvellous opportunity for you. For me, after my
     diagnosis, it was tough few days. I initially rejected it and was convinced they'd made a mistake. But now, happily, slowly, and surprisingly, I find it inspiring. In just a short space of time, I'm become much kinder and much more patient with myself than I've ever been before.  I've also stopped worrying about the way I live  and the things I do. And this is just the start. 

I hope your diagnosis brings you as much clarity to you as it has done for me.

Children
  • Thank you. I was only diagnosed on Monday so it's still sinking in. But even now I am feeling like a huge weight has been lifted off me and I can finally breathe. I have always felt different to other people and now I know why. It's extremely liberating