What do you think of self-identification?

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate your opinion please. I have had a therapist and GP say I have ASD, but no formal diagnosis. Apparently that's as elusive as matching socks. I've just been on a 3 day research binge and I no longer know which way is up. In your opinion is self- identifying acceptable? I honestly don't know if it would make me a fraud or others would see me as a fraud. All I've ever wanted is to just make sense of myself and find a place where I feel I belong. I would really appreciate your thoughts, right now I have too many of my own. Thank you Slight smile

Parents
  • Only 'you' can truly know yourself. Either you know if you are ASD after your extensive personal research or you know you are and you want support because of it. Until an official body recognises and states de facto in writing that you are then support will not arrive. Sometimes it is enough to just know.

• Only 'you' can truly know yourself. Either you know if you are ASD after your extensive personal research or you know you are and you want support because of it. Until an official body recognises and states de facto in writing that you are then support will not arrive. Sometimes it is enough to just know.

Children