Hi, i'm new.

Hi i'm new to the site and all of this but i'd like to say hi! and that i look forward to interacting with you all.

Parents
  • Just seen the bit about alpacas - we have some locally (well it’s a local farm place) but they are amazing... even if a bit anti social... maybe they are autistic too!

• It is because they are members of the Camel family. Have u ever met a friendly Camel !

• Once as it happens 

• Exactly - they’re not daft. Like humans they can trust others... you just need to show them you can be trusted. 

• of course a wild fox doesnt risk itself...  all wild animals are always cautious as one mistake equals death or a very close scrape. The fox you describe has learnt that the risk has benefits ie free food.  Its all about risk and cost for wild animals.

• We have a tame fox at my parents. He was born under their shed and they put food out for him most nights... he’ll come right up to you. With most animals it’s about trust and for them food and trust are closely associated. 

• thats just as good/better in a way --- i couldn't go anywhere for years because i had so many animals to look after,,,, so  while pets are great they do have to be looked after. Free range Hens have to be put to bed every night or they will get lost or killed by predators.

u have a good thing going so keep at it.  WIldlife in nature, as they are meant to be, is such more interesting.

I used to try and see if I could trail a fox and get close to them just as a challenge  I eventually got close but usually only for minutes, and after a lot of tweaks/practice ( covering myself in mud / cow poo to knock out my smell ! ) . 

They were so good at evading me. 

mucho respecto Mr Fox ! Slight smile

• thats just as good/better in a way --- i couldn't go anywhere for years because i had so many animals to look after,,,, so  while pets are great they do have to be looked after. Free range Hens have to be put to bed every night or they will get lost or killed by predators.

u have a good thing going so keep at it.  WIldlife in nature, as they are meant to be, is such more interesting.

I used to try and see if I could trail a fox and get close to them just as a challenge  I eventually got close but usually only for minutes, and after a lot of tweaks/practice ( covering myself in mud / cow poo to knock out my smell ! ) . 

They were so good at evading me. 

mucho respecto Mr Fox ! Slight smile

Children