Hi everyone

Hello. I’m in my thirties and I have always felt different from everyone else. I feel like I am performing my life to everyone else and they are all watching me play a character of a person that isnt really me. I don’t do well in social situations and I am often said to be very quiet because I tend not to speak for fear of saying the wrong thing. I have done lots of AQ tests online and always score quite highly on them. I have mentioned it to my mum but she doesn’t believe I’m autistic. I don’t want to go down the nhs route to get tested as I work in healthcare and I feel it’s a bit too close to home. I hope you will accept me as a part of this group and I look forward to getting to know you all. 

Parents
  • You sound a bit like me. My problem is different, but I haven't been diagnosed either (I think I am on a list somewhere, but I haven't heard anything at all for over a year). I am under 18 so I am relying on my parents to sort it out for me, but I don't want to do that because I don't have a very communicative relationship with them (I don't talk to them about anything that is important to me). I am also seeking acceptance from people here because I think I am autistic because I have done extensive research and another person in a video who had not been diagnosed identified as autistic and I want to do that too.

I tried to start my own post but I pressed the button and it took me back to what I had written. It made me stressed and I gave up. So I am sorry for replying to other people's posts, but you are more likely to talk to me then I guess.

• Idk if that makes sense (sorry about the waffle)

Reply Children
No Data