My toddler has just been diagnosed.

This is my first post here. I'm a single mum to a very, very beautiful little boy called Holden. He will be 3 in January. 

I've known for about 18 months that he wasn't quite meeting his milestones but as he was my first (and only) child I never really knew exactly what they should be doing my certain ages. Last new years eve I remember reading up on autism and it was like reading about my son. 

He was seen in March time by a paediatric consultant for suspected warts and she was the one who properly confirmed that my worries weren't just typical mummy worries but she herself could see autistic traits but wanted to see him again in 6 months to see how he developed. 

3 weeks ago my poor boy broke his leg whilst at his dad's after they were playing and he fell funny. The silver lining has been that he was seen face to face in hospital as opposed to over the phone which is what they had changed his appointment to due to covid. The consultant seen him today and spent some time doing various bits with him, blocks and what not. He said that I could rubber stamp the diagnosis of autism but he's also giving him a diagnoses of learning disability. He believes that Holden is currently working at a level around half his age, around 18 months. 

Holden is fairly stereotypical of a child with autism (from what I've researched and asked). He's a habitual toe walker, completely non verbal, he stims from morning to night, his social interactions are very poor, we are nowhere near a stage for toilet training etc. The good points are that albeit his diet is limited he seems to get enough of what he needs even though it's the same things daily and also that he sleeps well (thank god). 

I have to say I'm completely overwhelmed with it all. It's like you're being hit with these 2 massive diagnoses and then told you'll need to wait to see how it progresses. It's a lot of pressure and I've already went to part time work because of it. I can't afford to leave work as I'm not entitled to any benefits and nor would I want to leave work tbh. 

I'm looking for any advice, hints, tips or anything you can offer me. I feel like I'm in this alone just now and I'm desperate to do what I can for my son. 

Sorry for the long read. Look forward to hearing from anyone who feels they can help me out. 

Thank you, 

Lori.