Allow autistic adults receiving the living standard of PIP to be on Motability car lease scheme

I've started living on my own and nearly every day I have to go shopping to feed myself and look after my house. So will somebody of senior level whether it is Motability or NAS change the rules of Motability eligibility so that people like me who can wash, change, cook and plan journeys (not in receipt of the mobility rate of PIP) be eligible to be part of the scheme as having a car beside you makes life a whole lot easier and safer for everyone.

Parents
  • I doubt you're going to get very far with this if you don't have serious physical mobility issues.      Just wanting a car because it's handy won't score sufficient points with the PIP-Stasi.  

It's also expensive to have a motability car - there's the lease costs and petrol etc.    It adds up fast.    Some people are happy to pay to have a new car on their driveway.

If you're having difficulties, I'd suggest something like an electric scooter or bike - much lower costs and probably all you really need to pop to the shops for some supplies.

• I doubt you're going to get very far with this if you don't have serious physical mobility issues.      Just wanting a car because it's handy won't score sufficient points with the PIP-Stasi.  

It's also expensive to have a motability car - there's the lease costs and petrol etc.    It adds up fast.    Some people are happy to pay to have a new car on their driveway.

If you're having difficulties, I'd suggest something like an electric scooter or bike - much lower costs and probably all you really need to pop to the shops for some supplies.

Children
  • The lease cost, I do know its coming out of my PIP pocket. Alongside the leasing a car, a person is recommended to apply for grant in order to be to acquire the particular car their leasing as well as money on the side for petrol and tyre pressure checks.