Allow autistic adults receiving the living standard of PIP to be on Motability car lease scheme

I've started living on my own and nearly every day I have to go shopping to feed myself and look after my house. So will somebody of senior level whether it is Motability or NAS change the rules of Motability eligibility so that people like me who can wash, change, cook and plan journeys (not in receipt of the mobility rate of PIP) be eligible to be part of the scheme as having a car beside you makes life a whole lot easier and safer for everyone.

Parents
  • Sorry to be a downer but i think for people with a neurodevelopmental disorder the mobility component of PIP is given to those with significant struggles in gaining a driving licence and are not safe to independently operate a vehicle by themselves or have an intellectually challenged to use public transportation by themselves.

mobility car schemes are only given to people with physical disabilities and i think that is fare to be honest. Their is other support out their maybe you can ask for a needs assessment and get help with meal prep to help you cook and plan your meals for the week.      

• *** off, I'm not getting reassessed if I'm at risk losing my PIP,  I nearly lost my claim in my last assessment and my corner was being fought so I'm not going down that route again.

Autism is a learning disability, and if things don't work out nicely they get agitated that's why having a car is a saviour to conveniences especially when living on their own and to do shopping on their own demand.

If you don't have anything nice to say, stay out of this topic, *** off and don't come back

• You seem very rude when there is no reason to be from the replies you have. I do online shopping or get a taxi for my shopping. Motability cars still come out of your benefits by the way. My mum pays £250 a month for her car out of her PIP. The needs assessment blue mentioned is also done through the council from a social worker, mine did anyway. I have help with meal prep and cooking at the moment too..

• You seem very rude when there is no reason to be from the replies you have. I do online shopping or get a taxi for my shopping. Motability cars still come out of your benefits by the way. My mum pays £250 a month for her car out of her PIP. The needs assessment blue mentioned is also done through the council from a social worker, mine did anyway. I have help with meal prep and cooking at the moment too..

Children
No Data