Health care withdrawn, children taken away, all due to late diagnosis, bigotry and ignorance of HFA autism

My wife had a late diagnosis of HFA, my daughter has the same problems. But a call from the local authority to the neighbouring local authority that were providing the assessment  and family support, put a stop to any health care. No responses no reply to emails, being transferred around until getting cut off. I understand that these events breach the Autism Act 2009 and it subsequent statutory guidance of 2010 2015 and even the child care act. But what to do. I think I may have answered my own question, a good solicitor to sue them?

My wife had a breakdown after her diagnosis and didnt receive any help or counselling which is a breach of law. She caused havoc at home thinking that she has superpowers. It was hell for us all as she expected us to act like her "Superior manner and intellect".  My 10 year old daughter has been in the assessment process for about a year, when the Local authority requested health care should stop. The assessment process got stopped. My GP referred us to yet another county to get yet again out of county services. This is now from Bucks to Beds to Herts. We will have to wait for another year to start the process? Thanks fully my wife got better herself as she "remapped" her autistic self. Not before I had had a year of huge heart palpitations and collapsing / blacking out through stress even whilst driving twice. Yes I was pushed to my limits physically and mentally. the Autism Act 2009 didnt leap out and help me...

We had not received any help since the diagnosis in 2017 for my wife or family  for autism or the breakdown and it s bad effects on the children and home life. I had even put in writing to the ASD assessor at the LA that we and my children needed help as my wife was having her breakdown. No one bothered...

I have been subsequently had rolled eyes, tutting sighing and being ridiculed and blamed for "pretending to be a doctor" "so you diagnosed your daughter". I've been insulted and been rude to with comments of "whatever" and having backs turned on me. But what to do when society shuns you through ignorance and discrimination because they do not understand autism.

The only "Act" by anyone was by the Local Authority who took my two children away into foster care for a month. I was brought up a Christian R/C and try to see the good in people. I feel that I have experienced the devil since 2017. 

Anyone had a similar experience, anyone with advice about how to fight the bigotry and ignorance.

Parents
  • This is terrible, and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. My brother dealt with a similar issue. All I know is that he sent a certified letter written in an official manner, warning them of impending legal action. Luckily, this made them comply with his demands, but I guess it's not the case for you since they're not even replying to your emails. Basically, he has developed Parkinson's disease because of Paraquat. Yeah, he was supposed to get financial compensation. In the end, he did get the money, but it was very challenging. I know more lawsuits are expected in 2022 since many people discover they actually have Parkinson's disease because of Paraquat. I just hope nobody has to go through such time-wasting experiences. P.S. I hope all things will sort out well for you! Take care!

• This is terrible, and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. My brother dealt with a similar issue. All I know is that he sent a certified letter written in an official manner, warning them of impending legal action. Luckily, this made them comply with his demands, but I guess it's not the case for you since they're not even replying to your emails. Basically, he has developed Parkinson's disease because of Paraquat. Yeah, he was supposed to get financial compensation. In the end, he did get the money, but it was very challenging. I know more lawsuits are expected in 2022 since many people discover they actually have Parkinson's disease because of Paraquat. I just hope nobody has to go through such time-wasting experiences. P.S. I hope all things will sort out well for you! Take care!

Children
No Data