New to this

Hi, Im 27 years old and was diagnosed over 3 years ago yet have only just started to accept things. I have some interests in art (right now I really enjoy looking at Renaissance art), music and binge watching stuff. I don’t know anyone else who’s on the spectrum so don’t have much to go off... it’d be nice to just speak to some people and get to know more about this world I’m now a part of. I hope all of this is ok as I haven’t posted before! 

Parents
  • Hey Slight smile

Welcome to the forum.

What kind of Renaissance art do you enjoy? I really like art from the the Netherlands and around there but also love Rafael and Mantegna.

• Thank you Slight smile I’ve only recently got into looking at Renaissance art so I’m not full of information yet haha but I like the art of Pierre Auguste Cot. I really enjoy looking at his painting called springtime. Do you have any suggestions on who to be looking for/looking up?

• I quite like Bruegel and Durer.

If you look up North they focused on every day scenes as much as religious ones. It became about atmospheres, light, and symbolism too.

The still lives in particular are mind blowing, especially if you can see them in person (obviously not now... but you know... as and when we'll be able to again).

• interesting question I'll have a search 

• Oh I’d so love to be able to go see these things in person! Is there any way of seeing a good quality image of these paintings? 

I just googled those paintings, I definitely won’t forget them haha

• u have to see these things in real life they will blow u away ------ i saw real Jack pollocks in Chicago same thing they where as awesome to see. Love his stuff now.

i have seen Bruegels "hell" paintings ("de helse Brueghel") and they are truly disturbing. u dont forget them in a hurry !

• Ive been looking at the online archives of the metropolitan art museum, I spend most days on there haha it’s really good and worth looking at if you ever get bored. 

I have a book of Renaissance art but it’s away in a box right now so haven’t been able to really look at it. But it’s called the Renaissance complete and is a nice big hardback book. 

• i has seen Bruegel ( brussels museum )     awesome paintings when seen for real

if in brussels u must go see. i was dragged in and wow ! amazing paintings

• I just looked both of those artist up and I love the amount of detail in the Bruegel painting. So many people in one scene, I love it. And I liked the apocalypse painting or drawing (can’t quite figure out if it’s pencil or paint) by Durer. 

As much as I enjoy the religious paintings I do like the ones with more nature/fantasy looking type stuff. Where do you see the still lives?

• I just looked both of those artist up and I love the amount of detail in the Bruegel painting. So many people in one scene, I love it. And I liked the apocalypse painting or drawing (can’t quite figure out if it’s pencil or paint) by Durer. 

As much as I enjoy the religious paintings I do like the ones with more nature/fantasy looking type stuff. Where do you see the still lives?

Children
  • interesting question I'll have a search 

• Oh I’d so love to be able to go see these things in person! Is there any way of seeing a good quality image of these paintings? 

I just googled those paintings, I definitely won’t forget them haha

• u have to see these things in real life they will blow u away ------ i saw real Jack pollocks in Chicago same thing they where as awesome to see. Love his stuff now.

i have seen Bruegels "hell" paintings ("de helse Brueghel") and they are truly disturbing. u dont forget them in a hurry !

• Ive been looking at the online archives of the metropolitan art museum, I spend most days on there haha it’s really good and worth looking at if you ever get bored. 

I have a book of Renaissance art but it’s away in a box right now so haven’t been able to really look at it. But it’s called the Renaissance complete and is a nice big hardback book. 

• i has seen Bruegel ( brussels museum )     awesome paintings when seen for real

if in brussels u must go see. i was dragged in and wow ! amazing paintings