Pending my assessment, very nervous!!!!

Hello,

I'm new here! I'm pending my appointment with the GP (on Monday) where they will consider whether or not I will be referred to SPARC for a full diagnosis. At first I felt eager because I'm facing the possibility of FINALLY getting help (I'm in my 20s), but now the realisation has set in and I'm terrified! 

Does anyone have any experience of the initial steps from the adult diagnosis point of view, so I know what to prepare myself for? It will be a over-the-phone appointment, then referral to a digital appointment if they decide to pass me on to SPARC.

Thanks for reading :)

Parents
  • Hello shadow I’ve recently been diagnosed with autism the best advice I can give you is to make a list or notes of autistic traits and things about you that you think are different and experiences you have had that you think are linked to autism and just be yourself I’m sure you’ll be fine.

• Hello shadow I’ve recently been diagnosed with autism the best advice I can give you is to make a list or notes of autistic traits and things about you that you think are different and experiences you have had that you think are linked to autism and just be yourself I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Children
No Data