Late Diagnosis

Anyone else one here, waited twenty-six years to find out they are on the spectrum? Having gone through over forty jobs and being labelled, strange, weird, mad, asked if I'm on drugs, got into endless fights because of my lack of filter etc and been accessing mental health services due to various incidents, it is now aged sixty-three that the aforementioned makes sense. In that having been told that my anxiety, depression and PTSD, are all part of being undiagnosed for Autism. It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride, meltdowns, sackings, relationship breakdowns, beatings and now out of the wreckage, I realise that there was nothing wrong with me, other than the fact that I was like a Cat surrounded by dogs and that's why I've never fitted in. 
I'm not a softie or anything like that, but I cried when I got my diagnosis, not out of self-pity, but because all the crap that I'd had to endure finally had a kind of closure and I can now suffer the slings and arrows so much better. Anyone else got similar stories and experiences? 

• hi Pitman Poet

welcome to the forum

could u add some info into your profile eg favorite music,art,poets, tattoos, scars,  computer games, books, pets, add some of your job descriptions. This all so u can connect with other people here.

.when u feel up to it  move to say the "Autistic adults" section and start a new discussion on something u like.

Heart

• Hello yeah I’ve been through exactly the same thing 34 just got diagnosed with autism last month.

• yes  pretty similar  but you seem to have had a particular rough ride on your  washing machine adventure.

my fights at work just kept on repeating ( in different  jobs ) so i went for help and came back ( pretty shocked ) with autism. That changed everything  for me in that it suddenly made sense. eg Why I was so anti-social, the anxiety ( going )  and depression ( now gone ).

do u have children ?

what was your favorite job ?

what was your worst job ?

are u working at the moment ?