Female adult autism struggling at work

Hi all,

Im Vee, an adult autistic person.  I was diagnosed about 3 years ago and have had problems with bullying/discrimination in the work place.  My anxiety caused by this is awful at the moment and am constantly having meltdowns.  I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who is or has had similar experiences and may be able to share any advice help etc.  Be good to hear. 

Vee

• Hello Vee sorry to hear about your work problems I’ve been bullied at work in most jobs I’ve had luckily I’m in a job with mostly nice people so far so good I would suggest making a complaint if they are discriminating you I know it’s hard but since I’ve got older I’ve started to stand up for myself.

• just to clarify i had years of one person continually saying bad things about me and damaging my relationship with other people. Then one day a new guy was recruited and he said to me "you do realise she is bullying you", he triggered me  and that's when i reported her.

and I agree that was a mistake which is weird in a way !

Reporting someone did make me feel better. as I was asserting myself but it didnt work in the long run as I became the "trouble maker".

there was no way for me to move. I did ask.. I am looking elsewhere to move to.

I am much better now at controlling my reactions thanks to Zen,

• Reporting someone NEVER makes you feel better.

Any chance you could be moved somewhere else?  Thankfully no one I work with is a problem but if they were my first action would be to ask if there was anyway this could be resolved without the offender even knowing about it?  I can see options on this in my own workplace but definitely not a ‘luxury’ every worker has.

• yes i have 

I overheard one person telling people i am "crazy"

I made a complaint to my boss..   

I would not recommend making official complaints as it causes other people from being relaxed around you.

it depends on the extend of the discrimination 

if it is just words in an  office i recommend u try to ignore what other people say about u  as there is very little u can do about it.

"Dont let them harm u and u wont be harmed" marcus aurelis

to reduce anxiety take up sitting meditation  if interested ask more