Bestfriend

Hey I’m Alfie and my bestfriend/amazing girlfriend had ASD and I would to understand more about it! So I can help her out and make her feel so much better about herself as she feels really alienatedPurple hearty her ASD and difference when in reality she’s amazing and beautiful and there’s nothing wrong with having ASD is there anything you can tell me Purple heart

Parents
  • have a set of codewords or handing signals she can use  to immediately express specific things quicky 

"we need parsnips"  or touching her nose   could mean about to have a meltdown

i like in IM   the acronym "WDUM"    which means "What do u mean"

if asked to repeat something immediately. break it down into very small steps/sentences, and maybe use a pen and paper to draw a wee diagram

so sit down and setup 2/3 hand signals/words of quick ways she can get across a meaning. 

why dont u both attend a BSL class ? BSL = British sign language

• have a set of codewords or handing signals she can use  to immediately express specific things quicky 

"we need parsnips"  or touching her nose   could mean about to have a meltdown

i like in IM   the acronym "WDUM"    which means "What do u mean"

if asked to repeat something immediately. break it down into very small steps/sentences, and maybe use a pen and paper to draw a wee diagram

so sit down and setup 2/3 hand signals/words of quick ways she can get across a meaning. 

why dont u both attend a BSL class ? BSL = British sign language

Children
No Data