Don't be alone try Online, Interactive Activities

I am a mum to my 25 year old autistic daughter.  She finished education in July and with no prospect of work or volunteering opportunities due to covid,

we found ourselves in a very lonely position so we decided to try and change this by setting up online, interactive activities on zoom for people with additional needs.  

We found some amazing people to run sessions.  If you have spare time in your week why not check out what we are doing on Facebook, we are called The Willow Tree Club.

If you like our page we will keep you updated.

Parents
  • I would love to join you, however I do not have Facebook and I do not like the way I normally sound so I use a voice changer to change my voice to be something different. If it would be OK to ask:

1. What type of sessions do you normally run
    2. What times in your time zone (I am somewhat good with timezones but as I am in Australia there can be a problem with connecting if it's late at night or real early morning), and
    3. How many people normally participate?

The last question I ask because I have have random Selective Mutism moments if there is more then ten people in the same room.

• I would love to join you, however I do not have Facebook and I do not like the way I normally sound so I use a voice changer to change my voice to be something different. If it would be OK to ask:

1. What type of sessions do you normally run
    2. What times in your time zone (I am somewhat good with timezones but as I am in Australia there can be a problem with connecting if it's late at night or real early morning), and
    3. How many people normally participate?

The last question I ask because I have have random Selective Mutism moments if there is more then ten people in the same room.

Children
  • Hi Knightborne,

Thank you for replying to my message.

Sometimes it can feel quite tricky in joining something new, would you mind me asking if your voice changer is a human voice as sometimes we might have people who would be worried to hear a strange sound?

1/ The sessions that we run are things like dance, signing along to songs like this week we are doing 'Somewhere over the rainbow', we also do Interactive storytelling, music where we all join in with musical instruments or we sing, clap hands etc  We do fun French and Spanish where we take a basic story in English and turn ten of the words into the language we are learning. Make and play animal bingo where we send you 64 pictures of animals, you cut them out and choose 25 to stick wherever you want on a blank board and then we play.  We also do plasticine modelling and we are going to start a choir.

2/ We are based in the uk, we have activities at different times of the day our latest activity in 7pm GMT

3/ The amount of participants varies but we have no more than ten. Some of the activities may only have six.  

If we had your email address we could send you a weekly list.  if you would like this to happen please just send me an email to admin@thewillowtreeclub.com saying please add me to the activity list.

If time zone permitting you would like to try an activity we would happily work with you to see how we could make you feel as comfortable as possible with this new situation.

We also have an instagram account under the name of thewillowtreeclub

Many thanks

Sarah