Howdy.

Good evening.

Im Peter, I received my ASD diagnosis this morning.

I had to do it privately because, the NHS literally threw every obstacle in my way, get an answer to the problems I face.

anyway, to be honest, I haven’t given autistic persona the time they deserve in the past.

nor am I overly fond of the glorification some seem to give the limitations autistic people suffer.

for me before the diagnosis, the question was am I sick, or am I a jerk.

maybe I’m both.

im quite distressed to see so little content available for Autistic Heterosexual Males. Where does one go for support?

im sorry I haven’t been as accepting of our condition, as I might of been. Maybe I’m in denial.

i would love to talk with anyone in west London, or anywhere for that matter who shares my diagnosis.

Parents
  • Howdy Pardner (ha)... I'm a 43yo hetero female with ASD/MDD/several types of anxieties/agoraphobia... who also has an almost 20yo son who is an Aspie. It is near impossible to find a site where I can go just to chat about this... or vent for that matter. If you find one, let me know. I'm desperately looking!

I'll admit, I cringed when I read that you were not "overly fond of the glorification some seem to give the limitations autistic people suffer." Seriously, I'm still cringing at reading that. BUT... I understand that you might not have lived an "obvious" lifetime with this. I knew from a child that there was "something 'wrong' with me," but I wasn't diagnosed until adulthood.  It's tough to go through life like that, which seems is exactly what you have done so I really feel for you there.

I too am disappointed at how little real-time resources there are (aka chat) to connect with other folks in similar situations. It seems like simply talking to others in similar situations would help immensely. But maybe that's just me. If others thought that way, I suppose there would be more chat sites! HA

I seriously wish you luck on this new journey of autistic exploration and hope you find the resources you're looking for!

• Howdy Pardner (ha)... I'm a 43yo hetero female with ASD/MDD/several types of anxieties/agoraphobia... who also has an almost 20yo son who is an Aspie. It is near impossible to find a site where I can go just to chat about this... or vent for that matter. If you find one, let me know. I'm desperately looking!

I'll admit, I cringed when I read that you were not "overly fond of the glorification some seem to give the limitations autistic people suffer." Seriously, I'm still cringing at reading that. BUT... I understand that you might not have lived an "obvious" lifetime with this. I knew from a child that there was "something 'wrong' with me," but I wasn't diagnosed until adulthood.  It's tough to go through life like that, which seems is exactly what you have done so I really feel for you there.

I too am disappointed at how little real-time resources there are (aka chat) to connect with other folks in similar situations. It seems like simply talking to others in similar situations would help immensely. But maybe that's just me. If others thought that way, I suppose there would be more chat sites! HA

I seriously wish you luck on this new journey of autistic exploration and hope you find the resources you're looking for!

Children
  • PS, I don’t know what MMD is? And I’m sorry you must struggle with your conditions a great deal.

• The question I ask myself, is did people not care enough to get me the help I obviously needed when I was young. It hasn’t really hit me yet the ramifications of my diagnosis, I guess it’s what you make of it.

ill confess it was 2am when I wrote my post, maybe I could of chosen better words, but I guess I feel finding soft words to describe a very complex condition is irritating for me, I’m sorry if it was upsetting.

im worried that I might form some very strong attachments, if I joined a ASD themed chatroom.

But I guess I need a guide, even if I’d prefer not to have one.

i appreciate you sharing your experience.