Just wanted to say hello.

I am a mum of 5 children i live alone now with my children and have done for the last 5 years. after 18 years of an abusive marriage but we are safe now. My oldest son is now 22 years old. He is on the autistic spectrum and has ADD. i have been taking care of him and supporting him for the last 5 years without any medical help. Our GP has referred us to an autistic consultant because i and my son are desperate for help. He got his first job working as a refuge collector. He was open during interview and on his application form. He told them he had aspergers. the medical team phoned him after his interview and asked how his condition affects him and how they can help. He told them that he has a problem with day dreaming. but can easily refocus when called back to what he needs to be doing. He works really hard. and they are happy with him. but some of the drivers have been complaining that he is day dreaming too much. today the managers said he has to go on light duties until occupational therapy have interviewed him again and until he goes on medication for his ADD. Surely that should be my sons choice ? Our GP is now writing a further letter to add to his referral so he can get help with his sleeping and his attention. Everything was going so well. But the GP has sid it will take a long time but there are very few resources for adults with ADD. just feeling very alone. done it by myself for such a long time. just needing some friends other parents with adult children with aspergers and ADD. who know what im going through

Parents Reply Children
No Data