Advice please!

Hi,

We are a family of 5 with our 9 year old son Noah who has ASD, he is high functioning! Noah has loathed school since the very beginning and it has been a constant battle to get him to attend. All we want is for him to be happy but he finds everything socially and academically a challenge. He has some intervention at school to help him but as he is not quite far enough behind he cannot have a permanent TA in class, his class size is 36 btw. My feeling is that he would be happier in smaller school or a special educational needs school but he will not qualify unfortunately. I am looking for some advise if possible please as it breaks my heart to see him so unhappy and not be able to help him. The teachers do try and help the best they can but I just feel he is struggling and not sure what the best thing to do for him is. Many Thanks, Ben

Parents
  • Hi, in what ways do you think he is struggling? Is there anything in particular that seems to be making him unhappy?

Can you think of ways that may help him aside from moving schools? Does he like interacting with say some of the other children?

Lots of questions but they might help with finding some answers here.

• Hi, in what ways do you think he is struggling? Is there anything in particular that seems to be making him unhappy?

Can you think of ways that may help him aside from moving schools? Does he like interacting with say some of the other children?

Lots of questions but they might help with finding some answers here.

Children
No Data