Senior Moment Part 2

I'm The Poster formerly known as Senior Moment. That, of course, indicates that I am a fairly old fart who only recently crawled out from under the spectrum boulder. Still feel remarkably young, however!

I've re-registered under a different moniker because it looks as if our old IDs have died; and I seem to remember a communication from NAS a few weeks ago that this would happen.

Will the old IDs ever return I wonder? And are the old posts still available to view and comment on?

I haven't got far enough into this new regime to figure out the answers to such questions yet. 

Parents
  • Thanks! I may have arrived at a time when the forum was 'down'. I might eventually get around to trying the old moniker again.

Actually, I can now see that it is possible to just change the name on the profile; which I've already partly done. And eventually I'll trim it back to its original form. OK, so I'm thus unlikely to get any feedback on my old posts, but they probably don't deserve it, and I am unlikely to miss them. This forum has a massive turnover.

So it looks like I will soon be back to my old trick of acting as the Kiss of Death poster on dated strings. ;-) (Sorry, in advance, if I thus deliver any fatal blows to subjects which are close to your own hearts). 

• Thanks! I may have arrived at a time when the forum was 'down'. I might eventually get around to trying the old moniker again.

Actually, I can now see that it is possible to just change the name on the profile; which I've already partly done. And eventually I'll trim it back to its original form. OK, so I'm thus unlikely to get any feedback on my old posts, but they probably don't deserve it, and I am unlikely to miss them. This forum has a massive turnover.

So it looks like I will soon be back to my old trick of acting as the Kiss of Death poster on dated strings. ;-) (Sorry, in advance, if I thus deliver any fatal blows to subjects which are close to your own hearts). 

Children
  • I'm not leaving just yet. Thanks for a bit of appreciation. I have no kids and have had a rather meagre career history, so don't feel too well placed to offer welcome & advice. And perhaps more to the point, I have a long history of soldiering on and continually attempting to fix my own life.

Your posts are always interesting! :-)

• Glad Tidings! I only see this Thread in searching for one of My own (have not found it yet, though. The search function is weeeeeird now...) 

As You may recall My once saying, I also share the "kiss of (Thread) Death", so I say do not put Your Good Self down so much, Mr Senior. It is tempting, maybe, to use this new chaos as an excuse not to post again... but, well, for Myself anyway, I try to keep Posting because this My only "Social Media" site...

(And One can even start Threads about things like My Little Pony and Star Trek.)

Good Fortune from Me if You choose to leave, however, You should *know* how good and valued You are upon here. There are others like Yourself whom I am waiting to see if they - can - return, also...

I very often witness that 'Life stays the same and only the Names change'...

I aught to end this Post since it is turning towards a large Waffle...! Slight smile