Newly diagnosed

Hello all,

I have been recently diagnosed after my assessment last week. I am 31 and always struggled my whole life and feel like I don’t fit in. It seemed certain I would get a diagnosis based on the difficulties I have and from my experiences of working with students with ASD; however even though this was expected I am still struggling with the diagnosis and getting upset, trying to accept it, push it away etc. 

How long did it take you all to accept the diagnosis? I know it is a good thing in the sense that it gives me answers to my difficulties. 

Nice to meet you all and it would be helpful to get to know some of you and get some advice on the difficulties I face as I feel very isolated with this currently. 

Parents
  • It takes time for it to process and what this means - how it affects your life, but also how you might to navigate certain situations differently (e.g. if there is something that could trigger a meltdown). But over time you come to terms with it and the changes you need to make - they'll simply become part of your routine :) 

• It takes time for it to process and what this means - how it affects your life, but also how you might to navigate certain situations differently (e.g. if there is something that could trigger a meltdown). But over time you come to terms with it and the changes you need to make - they'll simply become part of your routine :) 

Children
No Data