Off to a terrible start

Hard to know what to say, as I have already upset someone on this forum. But I am new here. I have recently been diagnosed and was hoping to come here because I also have mental health issues: feeling low, low self-esteem and big problems communicating with people. I think at least some of these are related to my poor social skills and life long inability to fit in.

I have 2 children and a husband. I know that I have much to be thankful for. But sometimes I feel so alone. 

Parents
  • Hi there. I am reading "The Happiness Trap" which has been recommended to me to help my mood and also "Living Well on the Spectrum". Can anyone point to me a book they would recommend or is there a place on the Site here with recommendations for reading. One to deal with self-esteem or communication skills would be especially something I would be especially looking for.

• It's not a self-help book, so I appreciate it might not be what you're looking for, but Laura James' 'Odd Girl Out' really helped me. Sometimes, it's comforting just to know that there are other people out there with similar experiences.

• That sounds just the sort of thing I would find helpful. :-) Thank you.

Reply Children