Off to a terrible start

Hard to know what to say, as I have already upset someone on this forum. But I am new here. I have recently been diagnosed and was hoping to come here because I also have mental health issues: feeling low, low self-esteem and big problems communicating with people. I think at least some of these are related to my poor social skills and life long inability to fit in.

I have 2 children and a husband. I know that I have much to be thankful for. But sometimes I feel so alone. 

Parents
  • Hi there. I am reading "The Happiness Trap" which has been recommended to me to help my mood and also "Living Well on the Spectrum". Can anyone point to me a book they would recommend or is there a place on the Site here with recommendations for reading. One to deal with self-esteem or communication skills would be especially something I would be especially looking for.

• I have read an old book called "Games People Play". I don't personally find that self help books work that well on me because i can't adopt the book's situations into my own. So this book is going back a step into the theory of transactional analysis, to help me understand what can go wrong in an interaction. The idea is that the self-help shall come from within me anyway, based on better understanding.

• I have read an old book called "Games People Play". I don't personally find that self help books work that well on me because i can't adopt the book's situations into my own. So this book is going back a step into the theory of transactional analysis, to help me understand what can go wrong in an interaction. The idea is that the self-help shall come from within me anyway, based on better understanding.

Children
  • Thank you Plectrum. I will have a look at that book. I have heard of it, but never read it. I am not sure that self-help helps me either, but I am having quite a lot of trouble with how I am feeling at the moment, that I am giving everything a try!

I hope you are doing okay today. Take care.