Making friends

So I've been having a lot of problems with friends, im happy with the 2 I have already but they both live over 100 miles away although this isn't far for me as I'm always touring for work . I've lived near Birmingham for over 7 months now and my partner is always wanting me to make new friends and I feel so much pressure , I know my sad reality is if I don't have a social life our relationship won't last and I love him so much and would hate for things to end because of the way I am with people . I really struggle as his friendship group is massive and my anxiety is so bad that I can't speak sometimes or find it difficult to go out with him , he's having a hard time with it as I know how much it would suck to not be able to introduce me to his mates . 

I was wondering if there is any Facebook groups for people to make friends in Birmingham who have anxiety or autstim , I'm undiagnosed so I probably won't be able to join any autstim ones yet but it would really help to find people with the same interests as me , I find it easy to talk abouts my interest but the whole friend process for me is draining and I'd like to know if I'm compatible with someone first , I just need people that get me .