Being assessed without support

Hi, I’ve been referred for an adult autism assessment. In most of the literature I’ve read it says about the assessors wanting/liking for you to have someone with you, who knows you to give some background information. I don’t have anyone who can provide this. Is this likely to be a problem? Many thanks.

Parents
  • Hi. I'm also waiting for my assessment, but I've heard that you can share your own childhood experiences if you don't have anyone to take with you, and your childhood memories/experiences are still valid. 

Do you have any old school reports? I wonder if those might be useful (e.g. if there are comments in your reports that could indicate autistic traits).

• Thanks for the reply and good advice. Unfortunately I didn’t think school reports were of any use, never a fan of school! I might, with the advice of the people on this forum, try and jot some relevant information down. I like to be prepared!

• I've never heard of people using them before, so I wouldn't worry (it was just a random idea) Slight smile

I'm sure jotting it down will help in terms of remembering things.

Reply Children
No Data