Hello :)

Hi, I'm Sophie. 

I'm in my 30s and was diagnosed a few months ago. Like many people who were late diagnosed I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm not a broken neurotypical, but a perfectly functioning autistic. I have gradually stopped masking too and now I have fewer but better friends.

I have pretty bad sensory difficulties (airports and public transport are awful) and find humans very complicated (unlike dogs, who are probably better than us).

I am happiest in nature, preferably running. I run very long distances (96 miles in one go is the longest) usually on trails. This coming year I hope to run 100km in less than 8hrs. I am obsessed with everything to do with ultra running, which is extremely useful as I enjoy planning and analysing my training and reading about new and better ways to train. I can't really conceive variations of "a long way", races are either short (I don't need a back pack to carry water etc) or they are long (carrying water, food, jacket etc). So 96 miles doesn't seem any farther than 50.

Keen to learn more about coping with sensory difficulties.

Parents
  • Hi , I wear numerous pairs of sun glasses got a pair for in the bath / shower lol , plus same as everyone else earplugs , headphones , I cycle for miles every day I have a old railway near me 15 miles so just heaven , keep up your running sounds amazing . 

• Hi , I wear numerous pairs of sun glasses got a pair for in the bath / shower lol , plus same as everyone else earplugs , headphones , I cycle for miles every day I have a old railway near me 15 miles so just heaven , keep up your running sounds amazing . 

Children
No Data