Day by day

Hi. Just introducing myself.

I'm a dad of a 12 year old that is still waiting to see the pediatrician after being referred from the Psychiatrist for ASD. My son has not been to school since November 2018. It has taken this duration just to get the team in place after CAMHS disgraceful incompetence. The problem is I cant get him out of the house to see the pediatrician, so I have no idea how this is going to pan out. The last attempt at getting my son in the car resulted in him trying to pull the handbrake and trying to open the car door whilst in transit. Just to dangerous to attempt again. He hasn't left the house since November last year either. Very clever young child, just like any other 12 year old - when he is in his comfort zone that is. Making very slow baby steps of building his confidence and reducing his anxiety, until we hit a brick wall when trying to challenge his routines/phobias etc. In absolute despair some days. Anyway, sorry to rant. Got a hospital school involved now, but the progress is very slow, whilst we try to introduce the teacher. This takes place by talking through the window, with the idea that eventually familiarity will allow the teacher to enter the home and progress things. Hopefully the pediatrician will be able to advise further on potential solutions. Time will tell. Thanks for listening.

Parents Reply Children