Adult ASD

I am a 55 year old mother of three. I always knew I was different for as long as I can remember. My boys are grown up now and all I hear is: you misunderstood what I was saying, you don't care, I didn't mean how you would feel.

They tell me that I am annoying and stay away from me at home. I am so lonely. They don't believe I have ASD. 

I am sensitive to light, sound, taste and touch. My optition has said I need to wear my sunglasses. 

Thank you for reading this

Parents
  • hello and welcome! lots of us on here are aged in 40s or 50s. I'm F, late 40s.

I have lots of sensory issues - hearing, smell and light are worst for me. I also have allergies eg to perfume and the last few days have been really bad for me - I'm sat here with my left ear burning bright red and itching all over! It was actually exploring all these sensory issues 2 years ago that led me down the ASC pathway to diagnosis about 18 months ago.

• hello and welcome! lots of us on here are aged in 40s or 50s. I'm F, late 40s.

I have lots of sensory issues - hearing, smell and light are worst for me. I also have allergies eg to perfume and the last few days have been really bad for me - I'm sat here with my left ear burning bright red and itching all over! It was actually exploring all these sensory issues 2 years ago that led me down the ASC pathway to diagnosis about 18 months ago.

Children
No Data