53 diagnosed aspergers a few years back

suffer from anxiety deptression ocd. in really bad place can't explain things easily, I feel that I don't exist when I go out in public, rarely go out now I have left work had enough of the world

• that's cool, really cool. do you know anywhere where i can buy largish sheets of  white styrene ?

• That sounds really frustrating - it isn't fair that you have to crash before you can get any help. Hopefully your next support worker will be more caring. Maybe the NAS Helpline would be able to advise you on how to get better support.

Sending best wishes - take good care of yourself.

• Lots of people at model clubs are very aspie - and the conversation is easy because it's always directed at or about a 'thing' - they are easy to get on with.

Which type of modelling is your thing?   Which club are you talking to?

• I've tried aircraft lots of times but I keep crashing them.    The boats are safer - I build mainly build large battleships-  like this:

• Hi i totally understand and feel for you as i have all what youve said.it makes life real hard and sometimes it feels better to not be here. I get stuck when im writing replies aswell as i lose track what i want to say. Ive got 2 kids and its so hard but i guess you keep going somehow. I got diagnosed 2 months ago age 50.try to keep goingx gaz

• Looked in to CBT in the past, but I don't feel that would work for me, and medical team I discussed with agreed. I did have some counselling a while back, and found a bit of help from that. I then had a few stretches of psychologist, one worked out really good, can't see her again, and just make me feel worse that course had to come to an end. Having problems with this sick NHS. The team I am under care of have decided I don't fit their criteria, so I need to be transfered to another team. Problem is the team I should be with and should provide care for me don't want me. I have support worker, but have had some problems, and he is retiring in a couple of months, so don't think he has much interest. A lot of support just seems to be their in name only, It does not fully exist. They seem to just be waiting for you to crash down before they will do anything

• I have tried, was a family meeting at local club this Sunday, well Yesterday now. I was aiming for that but got no replies to email address on website or even a facebook message I sent. Just found another email address, so don't know if they will respond. I'm not sure if I could go anyway, certainly not for intial social meetup, I just can't do social niceties in the state I am in, and pretend everything is fine.

• Hi! Welcome to the group. I have anxiety, depression and OCD too; it's really tough, but I'm undergoing CBT and I'm hoping that'll help. Have you had any support with your mental health?

This is a really supportive forum, so hopefully you'll find some good advice here. I've read the other comments and Autie Aidie's idea of joining a modelling club sounds good - you might feel better going out if you know you're going somewhere with like-minded people.

• set a date. Then think about it, plan it. doodle about it and on the date just do it.  The building will help push away the depression.  You have a lot to deal with and you have my empathy. Try and get out and join a modelling club where you can share knowledge and skills. 

• Things so dark, interests seem to fade away. I am interested in scale models, but can't seem to get starting building.Have bought loads and keep adding. I am wanting to move to radio control planes. The buying seems to overwhelm, mainly sorting out problems and return bad stuff that arrives. Taking a lot of my time just managing my collection, have been selling off to reduce things, but I just buy more. Get down with missing stuff I should have bought. I am also interested in old audio equipment and playing music.

• are they remote controlled my nephew who is also on the spectrum builds and flies model aircraft I enjoy helping him on builds especially of historic WW2 aircraft.

• Hi - Welcome to the forum.     I'm 53 - diagnosed about 10 years ago.   They keep telling me I'm chronically depressed too.

What sort of things do you enjoy doing?    I build big model boats and probably a thousand other hobbies.