53 diagnosed aspergers a few years back

suffer from anxiety deptression ocd. in really bad place can't explain things easily, I feel that I don't exist when I go out in public, rarely go out now I have left work had enough of the world

Parents
  • Hi! Welcome to the group. I have anxiety, depression and OCD too; it's really tough, but I'm undergoing CBT and I'm hoping that'll help. Have you had any support with your mental health?

This is a really supportive forum, so hopefully you'll find some good advice here. I've read the other comments and Autie Aidie's idea of joining a modelling club sounds good - you might feel better going out if you know you're going somewhere with like-minded people.

• Looked in to CBT in the past, but I don't feel that would work for me, and medical team I discussed with agreed. I did have some counselling a while back, and found a bit of help from that. I then had a few stretches of psychologist, one worked out really good, can't see her again, and just make me feel worse that course had to come to an end. Having problems with this sick NHS. The team I am under care of have decided I don't fit their criteria, so I need to be transfered to another team. Problem is the team I should be with and should provide care for me don't want me. I have support worker, but have had some problems, and he is retiring in a couple of months, so don't think he has much interest. A lot of support just seems to be their in name only, It does not fully exist. They seem to just be waiting for you to crash down before they will do anything

• Looked in to CBT in the past, but I don't feel that would work for me, and medical team I discussed with agreed. I did have some counselling a while back, and found a bit of help from that. I then had a few stretches of psychologist, one worked out really good, can't see her again, and just make me feel worse that course had to come to an end. Having problems with this sick NHS. The team I am under care of have decided I don't fit their criteria, so I need to be transfered to another team. Problem is the team I should be with and should provide care for me don't want me. I have support worker, but have had some problems, and he is retiring in a couple of months, so don't think he has much interest. A lot of support just seems to be their in name only, It does not fully exist. They seem to just be waiting for you to crash down before they will do anything

Children
  • This is awful - it's ridiculous the way they're behaving. Jumping straight to suggesting you have your driving licence taken away isn't helpful either.

I really hope things start improving for you.

• Have you tried www.thecalmzone.net/.../ as an alternative to the Samaritans? My friend spoke with them when he was going through some issues and they helped him a lot . Hope you start to feel better soon

• Sorry for jumping in but your situation resonated with me. That's the most annoying thing - when those who should be listening don't seem to listen to the details and make their own narrative. I had exactly that with my last support worker but thankfully I managed to change and now things are much better. I hope the same for you.

• I don't know how you deal with everything failing

• Had my care co-ordinator, but she is operating more like a care terminator. So angry with them, described what happend and feeling detached from reality, she said maybe we should take your driving license away if you are feeling drowsy (not in so many words, but fairly direct). I told her I didn't say I was drowsy, just like a zombie, detached. Also gave me news on care co-ordinator, who won't be returning and there will be not be a replacement as I have the pay out from my employer and council can provide services, but in re-ality the council will not provide services for same reason. I will not go through financial declaration, as I know that gives them the power to commision services without my consent. It happened in the past as I was going through the declaration. So will have no support soon.

• That's annoying. Writing to your GP sounds like a good idea.

I'm glad you're feeling a little better today. If you're really worried about your spending on eBay, some banks allow you to put a limit on certain purchases (e.g. you can set a daily limit for how much you're able to spend through online retailers). It might be worth seeing if there's anything you can put in place. 

• I have contacted NAS in the past and did not really get anywhere, so I not expecting anything from them. I have been thinking maybe write to my GP, that way I don't get all the different opinions

I am feeling a little brighter Today, eBay have one of their buying promotions. I get torn inside feeling more addicted, and I need to stop all this, have to be careful with my money. Bought a whole bunch of items to sell on from US, but when I opened them I don't think they are genuine. Now big hassle to sort returning them

• That sounds really frustrating - it isn't fair that you have to crash before you can get any help. Hopefully your next support worker will be more caring. Maybe the NAS Helpline would be able to advise you on how to get better support.

Sending best wishes - take good care of yourself.

• Hi i totally understand and feel for you as i have all what youve said.it makes life real hard and sometimes it feels better to not be here. I get stuck when im writing replies aswell as i lose track what i want to say. Ive got 2 kids and its so hard but i guess you keep going somehow. I got diagnosed 2 months ago age 50.try to keep goingx gaz