53 diagnosed aspergers a few years back

suffer from anxiety deptression ocd. in really bad place can't explain things easily, I feel that I don't exist when I go out in public, rarely go out now I have left work had enough of the world

• I'll keep that in mind

• The foam board is only £20 for an 8'x4' sheet and glues with plumbers pvc glue - it's very cheap to play with to try building things.  

• This is awful - it's ridiculous the way they're behaving. Jumping straight to suggesting you have your driving licence taken away isn't helpful either.

I really hope things start improving for you.

• Have you tried www.thecalmzone.net/.../ as an alternative to the Samaritans? My friend spoke with them when he was going through some issues and they helped him a lot . Hope you start to feel better soon

• Sorry for jumping in but your situation resonated with me. That's the most annoying thing - when those who should be listening don't seem to listen to the details and make their own narrative. I had exactly that with my last support worker but thankfully I managed to change and now things are much better. I hope the same for you.

• I don't know how you deal with everything failing

• Had my care co-ordinator, but she is operating more like a care terminator. So angry with them, described what happend and feeling detached from reality, she said maybe we should take your driving license away if you are feeling drowsy (not in so many words, but fairly direct). I told her I didn't say I was drowsy, just like a zombie, detached. Also gave me news on care co-ordinator, who won't be returning and there will be not be a replacement as I have the pay out from my employer and council can provide services, but in re-ality the council will not provide services for same reason. I will not go through financial declaration, as I know that gives them the power to commision services without my consent. It happened in the past as I was going through the declaration. So will have no support soon.

• I've built a 5' Titanic from pvc foam board.

• whats the worst that can happen ?  There is a course called StressControl ( no space between words ). Its a free 6 week course run intially in Glasgow but also other places. Search for it.  It is very good and they recommend to face your fears. I know it easy to say and hard to do.  

• how about the titanic ! 

• I do - I'm just about to put a couple of boats on ebay - total investment around £150 + my spare time.   Should sell them for around £1000.  Smiley

• you could have a wee business going :)

• Most clubs have competitions - it's all about seeing what is considered to be the state of the art and then seeing how to replicate it or improve upon it.    The whole point it to see the good stuff and then pick their brains about their techniques - and spot their mistakes.  Smiley

This is how I use my aspie super-powers to discover the tricks of the game.

The clubs I go to all seem to spend years and fortunes building their boats - I knock them out in three months for no money and win their prizes - I get my buzz from beating them at their own game.

I really recommend persevering with it - you don't have to enter the competitions until you're comfortable you're in with a chance - but the social interaction will get you out of the house.

• Hello and welcome! I have suffered from Social Anxiety, Depression and OCD in the past, the latter two many times. I am free of them at the present time. Though I’m sure the OCD will catch up with me again at some point. Are there any local ASD support groups that you could try? 

• That's annoying. Writing to your GP sounds like a good idea.

I'm glad you're feeling a little better today. If you're really worried about your spending on eBay, some banks allow you to put a limit on certain purchases (e.g. you can set a daily limit for how much you're able to spend through online retailers). It might be worth seeing if there's anything you can put in place. 

• I have contacted NAS in the past and did not really get anywhere, so I not expecting anything from them. I have been thinking maybe write to my GP, that way I don't get all the different opinions

I am feeling a little brighter Today, eBay have one of their buying promotions. I get torn inside feeling more addicted, and I need to stop all this, have to be careful with my money. Bought a whole bunch of items to sell on from US, but when I opened them I don't think they are genuine. Now big hassle to sort returning them

• Theres a local plastic scale modelling club (well mainly plastic) and a locat radio control aircraft (mostly aircraft), I have only been to the scale club a few times. I am having problems sorting out painting, a bit of a barrier at the moment. Have bought all the equipment, and have the paint.I am known to the club, and they regularly ask me to come along. Finding going out so difficult now. I guess what puts me off, is it is competitive, with builds being judged each week

• I buy all my supplies off ebay - I use A4 size and glue them together if I need to - I'm building a WW2 LSM in 1/72 - it's about 900mm long