14 year old son anxiety

Hi my son has always shown signs of being autistic but whenever I spoke to anyone they always dismissed it. Now at 14 I feel like I'm going through a nightmare as he has gone from a happy lad to one full of anxiety. He says it feels like his head is going round in circles and that he feels sad. He is going through changes with puberty and next year will start GCSE's . Camhs have told me this normal behaviour and are sending me some leaflets to help deal with it but he is on a waiting list which is 18 months. But I just would like some advice as I feel so alone and just want my happy son back. And any tips to deal with this would be extremely grateful. 

Parents
  • My son has autism and went through a rough time aged around 10. Just be there for him, listen, take time out sharing his hobby and casually drop in 'so howws things going' he may talk may not but do this everyday he may open up. We usually do this and if I'm busy and havent put that time aside he usually asks and hes a teenager now x good luck

• My son has autism and went through a rough time aged around 10. Just be there for him, listen, take time out sharing his hobby and casually drop in 'so howws things going' he may talk may not but do this everyday he may open up. We usually do this and if I'm busy and havent put that time aside he usually asks and hes a teenager now x good luck

Children
No Data