New and confused

I hope I don’t offend anyone I apologise now if I do.

My partners got 3 children with his ex partner and the 2 eldest have recently been diagnosed with autism. He’s struggling to cope and I have a 17 month old son with him who doesn’t hold his own bottle or talk apart from row row and it might be normal but I’m worried that my son might have autism to I read stuff online and it scares me feel like I can’t talk to anyone. 

His children in order of gender are:

boy- 7

boy-6

girl-3

boy-17 months 

what’s the likelyhood of our son having autism and where do I go from here?

thanks in advance 

Parents
  • Hi

17 months is still young for speech! My youngest is also 17 months and has limited speech he also won't hold his bottle I am not concerned he is autistic. My 7 year old daughter was slow to start speaking now she won't shut up! 

If those are your only concerns then I would not worry. I'm not a professional so can't give you a likelihood of if your son is or isn't if concerned talk to your health visitor. 

If they share your concerns try and look for the positive not everything you read online is true. My 8year old daughter is currently awaiting assessment she is an amazing intelligent caring girl who makes me wish I could see the world the way she does. 

• Hi

17 months is still young for speech! My youngest is also 17 months and has limited speech he also won't hold his bottle I am not concerned he is autistic. My 7 year old daughter was slow to start speaking now she won't shut up! 

If those are your only concerns then I would not worry. I'm not a professional so can't give you a likelihood of if your son is or isn't if concerned talk to your health visitor. 

If they share your concerns try and look for the positive not everything you read online is true. My 8year old daughter is currently awaiting assessment she is an amazing intelligent caring girl who makes me wish I could see the world the way she does. 

Children
No Data