Hello

I'm new here, just sent the forms/ quizzes back and now waiting to see if that gets me an assessment meeting. It's all making me quite anxious and I'm feeling quite preoccupied by the whole thing. Also I found the forms/ quizzes quite infuriating as lots of the questions were unclear and there was no space to provide written answers without covering the forms in my scrawl - so anyway I thought I would come here and find out a bit more about everything. 

• just found it now - was the same questions exactly I think. and a score over 32.

• You know of course you can do the AQ50 online and get an idea of your score? Just google aspergers screener and you should get it. Any score above 32 could be significant for asd.

• My advice would be get used to answering lots of questions about your early development as a child. Asd is lifelong. Thats the reason they ask you seemingly mad questions about your baby and school life.

• I got two questionnaires, something Cambridge something and something AQ something. It was really difficult to answer some of the questions about how I respond to certain things as the wording felt quite unfamiliar - like 'fascinated in' - well, I might be very interested in something or enjoy noticing certain things but I would never use the word "fascinated"  so it felt like there weren't enough options and it wasn't the way I would describe something. Also for a lot of the questions I wanted to explain more rather than just tick a box. I just got the letter today saying that I am on a waiting list for an assessment meeting, but with no indication of how long that waiting list might be. So who knows!

• My personal experience of the whole getting referred for assessment process is that it can become very pre-occupying. What forms did you have to fill in? My GP never asked me to fill in any forms, I think it’s different procedures in different GP surgeries! When will you find out if you have been successful in obtaining an assessment meeting or not?

• Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. I am just finding my way around the forum at the moment. Would be good to know if you have any advice or tips on how to get the most out of it. Look forward to hearing from you again, thanks Rob

• hi thanks for the message .as i mentioned i am new to the forum , do you have any suggesrions or ideas for how I can get the most out of being part of the community? Have you been on the group long? I am looking to make friends here. Have you made many friendships here? It would be nice to know what interests you have. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks Rob

• Hello. I hope that you find this forum helpful.

• Hello

I am a the same stage as you. Yes the questions and forms are something of an ordeal. I'm thinking how you deal with them is part of the assessment.

Enjoy the forums. They are a great help to me so I hope for you also.