Hello

I'm new here, just sent the forms/ quizzes back and now waiting to see if that gets me an assessment meeting. It's all making me quite anxious and I'm feeling quite preoccupied by the whole thing. Also I found the forms/ quizzes quite infuriating as lots of the questions were unclear and there was no space to provide written answers without covering the forms in my scrawl - so anyway I thought I would come here and find out a bit more about everything. 

Parents
  • My personal experience of the whole getting referred for assessment process is that it can become very pre-occupying. What forms did you have to fill in? My GP never asked me to fill in any forms, I think it’s different procedures in different GP surgeries! When will you find out if you have been successful in obtaining an assessment meeting or not?

• I got two questionnaires, something Cambridge something and something AQ something. It was really difficult to answer some of the questions about how I respond to certain things as the wording felt quite unfamiliar - like 'fascinated in' - well, I might be very interested in something or enjoy noticing certain things but I would never use the word "fascinated"  so it felt like there weren't enough options and it wasn't the way I would describe something. Also for a lot of the questions I wanted to explain more rather than just tick a box. I just got the letter today saying that I am on a waiting list for an assessment meeting, but with no indication of how long that waiting list might be. So who knows!

• I got two questionnaires, something Cambridge something and something AQ something. It was really difficult to answer some of the questions about how I respond to certain things as the wording felt quite unfamiliar - like 'fascinated in' - well, I might be very interested in something or enjoy noticing certain things but I would never use the word "fascinated"  so it felt like there weren't enough options and it wasn't the way I would describe something. Also for a lot of the questions I wanted to explain more rather than just tick a box. I just got the letter today saying that I am on a waiting list for an assessment meeting, but with no indication of how long that waiting list might be. So who knows!

Children