Confused adult

Hi, I’m a professional but have thought for a long while and had strange behaviours as a child that I got a diagnosis as 57% Aspergers. Why have I be able to maintain my professional job for 17 years???

Parents
  • I don't quite understand, how can you get a diagnosis as 57% Aspergers? Either someone is Aspergers or they're not.

Some people with autism are able to hold down a job. If we get a job that suits our interests and the way our brain works and that doesn't have too many stressors. Other people with autism manage to hold down jobs due to being able to mask but holding down that job can be very stressful and eventually takes its toll.

• I don't quite understand, how can you get a diagnosis as 57% Aspergers? Either someone is Aspergers or they're not.

Some people with autism are able to hold down a job. If we get a job that suits our interests and the way our brain works and that doesn't have too many stressors. Other people with autism manage to hold down jobs due to being able to mask but holding down that job can be very stressful and eventually takes its toll.

Children
No Data