I'm new

Is the forums normally pretty depressing or did I just come during a pretty bad  time? I tried to find some relatively happy or supportive threads but it's a shame the only things I can find are people talking about bullying, abuse, being tired of their life, and a lot of existential-in-a-depressing-way stuff. Considering that I'd like to find something positive or, heck, something that can make me feel not depressed about being autistic, I'm pretty wary of this site.

Parents
  • I concur with @NAS39248 as it is people identifying the difficulties they face due to being wired differently.  I am quite happy go lucky normally but with my current headf$%k (sic) due to the situation I just had to get away from the stress/anxiety/depression (dare I say bullying) in the workplace to where I could heal myself.

I have my coping mechanisms where I follow my strengths/mindfulness - out in the garden and watching the wildlife, watching some films/TV series, driving somewhere new (but hate being stuck in a queue of traffic) and/or listening to my varies musical tastes (from Abba to ZZ Top).

Do not think of it as a disability/impairment but think you are not normal and have your own strengths. Understand those strengths, do what you enjoy and grow your positive mental health step by step.

Yesterday I checked some of the nestboxes in my garden and I know I have some *** building in one of them, another part of the garden has bushes and I had another tit swearing at me because of her nest near where I was - I smiled because I know the breeding season is here and summer is on the way.

As a music analogy, I hear Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd and/or Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon until the singing starts but others hear All Summer Long by Kid Rock

• I concur with @NAS39248 as it is people identifying the difficulties they face due to being wired differently.  I am quite happy go lucky normally but with my current headf$%k (sic) due to the situation I just had to get away from the stress/anxiety/depression (dare I say bullying) in the workplace to where I could heal myself.

I have my coping mechanisms where I follow my strengths/mindfulness - out in the garden and watching the wildlife, watching some films/TV series, driving somewhere new (but hate being stuck in a queue of traffic) and/or listening to my varies musical tastes (from Abba to ZZ Top).

Do not think of it as a disability/impairment but think you are not normal and have your own strengths. Understand those strengths, do what you enjoy and grow your positive mental health step by step.

Yesterday I checked some of the nestboxes in my garden and I know I have some *** building in one of them, another part of the garden has bushes and I had another tit swearing at me because of her nest near where I was - I smiled because I know the breeding season is here and summer is on the way.

As a music analogy, I hear Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd and/or Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon until the singing starts but others hear All Summer Long by Kid Rock

Children
No Data