Hello, from a mum of a 9 yr old girl with Aspergers

My daughter is 9 at the end of March (born 2010).  We have recently started the process of getting a diagnosis, in the hope that this will be in good time for secondary school.  I am particularly interested in the developments in thinking re: girls with Aspergers as they seem so different from the boys and even from each other - "if you've met one girl with autism, you've met one girl with autism".  I look forward to being part of this community.

Parents
  • Hi, 

Welcome to the forum, my daughter is 8 and currently awaiting diagnosis. There is certainly a difference in female presentation and they are most definitely not a one size fits all but neither are the male counterparts! Just wish professionals would look past the tick box system they seem to be defined by! 

There is loads of information on this site and the others are really helpful and supportive.

If you are interested in the difference in female presentation then nas are offering their women and girls module for free at the moment 

• Hi, 

Welcome to the forum, my daughter is 8 and currently awaiting diagnosis. There is certainly a difference in female presentation and they are most definitely not a one size fits all but neither are the male counterparts! Just wish professionals would look past the tick box system they seem to be defined by! 

There is loads of information on this site and the others are really helpful and supportive.

If you are interested in the difference in female presentation then nas are offering their women and girls module for free at the moment 

Children
No Data