Hello everyone

My daughter (15 years old) has recently been diagnosed with Aspergers. I have been directed to this website as a source of information and I would really appreciate any advice anyone could offer. My child is also self-harming, has an eating disorder and rarely sleeps at night. She has been bullied at school and is now a loner who obsesses over her studies and has quite spectacular meltdowns at home. We are attending sessions at CAMHS for the eating disorder. The school is aware of this and also know that my daughter is not eating or drinking for the entire school day (in the year of GCSEs) but I feel I am up against a wall of silence. There are no responses to my emails or telephone calls following the diagnosis. Eventually the CAMHS counsellor called and was assured the school would do whatever it could to protect my child - but nothing is being done apart from my child then being taken out of a lesson and asked if everything was okay. What should I do?

Parents
  • NAS50874... are you still active on this site? If so, I'm happy to chat with you. When I was young (14-15) I too was self-harming. I was defiant and would sneak out almost every night.... lost interest in school... HATED being around more than a couple of people at a time... the list goes on... and on... AND ON.

If you are still active on this site, I'd love to chat.

• NAS50874... are you still active on this site? If so, I'm happy to chat with you. When I was young (14-15) I too was self-harming. I was defiant and would sneak out almost every night.... lost interest in school... HATED being around more than a couple of people at a time... the list goes on... and on... AND ON.

If you are still active on this site, I'd love to chat.

Children
No Data