Hello

Evening everyone 

I’m new to this forum I have no formal diagnosis but after meeting with numerous mental health professionals over the years I am being put forward for assessment possibly next spring 

Parents Reply Children
  • I've never uploaded or downloaded any music to this site I don't think you can. However you can copy and paste URLs from say Youtube which is what people are doing on the Virtual Jukebox thread. I don't use Ipads so I can't help you with how to do that though, sorry.

• @jonsey I’m not the best at this social media stuff but how do you download upload music to this site I use a iPad 

• your correct recorded at the city hall picked up vinyl coy few weeks ago in Camden Market 

• Also saw Motörhead in St Albans 83 with Brian Robertson Iron Maiden in Dunstable 82 Number of the beast tour sadley Dunstable now a Asda St Albans has a few live bands not as many as the early 80s

• I have Hawkwind live 79 will have a look fantastic acoustics as good as Hammersmith Odeon avoid Wembley arena awful sound 

went to the O2 to see ELO fantastic sound great gig Jeff Lynn is a one man hit machine 

• I'm not too bad with large crowds as long as I can get out of them reasonably easily.

The worst thing for me about rock gigs these days are firstly the volume; I've always used cotton wool (as far back as my late teens) or more recently ear-plugs as I have a bit of tinnitus but also because I find it hard to distinguish the different instruments without and it all becomes a distorted mush. I like the feel of loud music physically moving me but I hate it all distorted or badly mixed. I also have back problems so haven't played live in a band for nearly 3 years now and even going to gigs is less appealing because of the pain of standing for so long.

Hawkwind's Live 79 LP was recorded at St Albans City Hall if I remember correctly. 

• Yes remember Rose Tattoo Angry Anderson 

Hawkwind always played St Albans or Queensway hall Dunstable last time I saw them they had Dumpys rusty nuts supporting 

I must ask how do you get on with the large crowds I can’t stand shopping centres big supermarkets artificial light noise people find it exhausting just thinking about it but survived rock concerts maybe i was running on adrenaline 

• I saw Vardis supporting Hawkwind in Oct 1980, good band. I saw Rainbow in 1981 too but at Stafford Bingley Hall with Rose Tattoo supporting.

• Also saw Thin Lizzy on that tour on the Sunday Reading Festival first started seeing bands in 81 NWOBHM Vardis St Albans City Hall February 81 was my first gig. first gig in London Rainbow at the Rainbow Theatre Findsbury Park July 81 with Joe Lynn Turner 

• I've seen Gary Moore heaps of times over the years and Lizzy once in 1983 with Sykes but never together. I wasn't allowed to go to gigs until mid 1980 so missed the Black Rose tour.